Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Notables

  1. I heard the geese flying over today. This is apparently not a great sign for the winter ahead.
  2. My daily observations are restricted to a pretty small area-- you know, the one I'm in on a daily basis. They by no means define the entire North, or the entire Northern experience. Some are specific to my state. Some are just random things that natives haven't even had happen before. Keep that in mind when you're reading.
  3. Book Clubs seem popular here.
  4. The One City, One Book program is awesome. The author of our book this year is coming to speak next weekend. I'm excited to hear him and get his explanation of a few things. I also have a book review post coming.
  5. Our library lets you check out books on your Kindle. How awesome is that?!
  6. At dinner last night we heard two guys mention two names that perked our ears right up-- Garcia and Lattimore. Yes, they were talking SEC football, and even though it was the Gamecocks, it was still SEC football. I wanted them to be my new best friends, but The Engineer would not let me leave our table. (He's pretty good about keeping me from embarrassing myself more than I normally would.)
  7. Wal-Mart sells live lobster.
    |
  8. I think I will always be a dunce when ordering at Starbucks. I think I have it down and then when I get to the cashier I panic and can only say "small, medium and large" in conjunction to mispronouncing the name of the actual item I am wanting to purchase. I should have taken lessons from Amber before I moved. I have not given up on myself yet, but this series of failures leads me to believe I may never get this one right.
  9. Some of the mailboxes face the sidewalk instead of the street. (I wonder how many mailboxes got hit and how many cars lost their side-view mirror before they changed it?)
  10. We live near a river and there is a walking/biking path built across it. I try to take my dog for a walk there every day. It is beautiful! And, I'm pretty sure my little buddy enjoys it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment