Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Laughing While I Can

We have had two thunderstorms since arriving in the North. One, last Friday night, consisted of rain, very minimal lightning if any, and a small clap of thunder.

I participated in a volunteer event this past Saturday and people were talking about the thunder storm and how scary it was. It made me chuckle to myself. Apparently there are not many thunder storms around here. I figured I should laugh while I can, because when that snow starts falling the tables will most certainly be turned and people will get their kicks over watching us greenhorns figure out how to work the snow blower.

I heard them talking on the radio this morning about a thunderstorm coming through sometime today. I again chuckled to myself--"Ha! They don't know what a real thunderstorm is."  And then one of the biggest thunder claps I've heard in a long time about scared me off my chair. It will probably be the only one we hear, but it was a decent one and I could understand being scared of that one!

2 comments:

  1. If you can invest in a snowblower, or find one in a yard sale, definitely do this! Shoveling will kill your back and it takes so much time! :) We didn't have one for the 3 years we were in AK (I have no idea why--I think we were too cheap...). lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did get a snow blower! I hear it's the only reason I will survive my first winter. Well, that and our house has heat.

    ReplyDelete