Saturday, October 15, 2011

Carrier Store versus Apple Store

Here's the question--

Do you get your new iPhone at the Apple Store or your carrier's store? Because there seems to be a huge difference in the number of people at each place. 

AT&T is the only carrier shown below, but the story was the same at the Verizon store. 

People in a long line with a full (and I do mean FULL) store at the Apple Store, and no huge line and just a handful of people at the AT&T store. They were not out of phones at any of the carrier stores, so I just couldn't figure out why you'd stand in line at the Apple Store when you could get the same thing a lot faster literally 150 feet further down the mall. 

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. You ask a good question; I've been trying to figure that out myself. I went to an AT&T store, and there were just a handful of people in line. I wasn't near the Apple Store, so I don't know what it looked like, but I heard from someone who works at a Sprint store that it was crazy. He said his store was about like the AT&T store, just a handful of people there too.

    Maybe people didn't realize they could get it at the carrier stores? When I called the Apple Store last Thursday, they told me they weren't sure if the carrier stores would have them.

    ReplyDelete